Local anesthesia (“Novocain”) will provide a numb feeling in the area being operated on with only a feeling of pressure during surgery. You will be awake and recall the surgery but there should be no significant discomfort.
- Have a light meal a few hours prior to surgery.
- It is ok to bring headphones to listen to your own music during the procedure.
- For more extensive treatment, you may wish to have someone drive you home or to the pharmacy.
- In most cases, it is okay to take Tylenol or ibuprofen prior to your procedure.
- Plan to go home and rest for a few hours after surgery rather than returning immediately to work.